Halloween How-To: Elastigirl
Author: Danielle Cauchi Date Posted: 25 September 2018
It’s that spook-tacular time of year once again!
We’re kicking off our 2018 Halloween How-To series with a Disney Pixar inspired makeup tutorial – Elastigirl from The Incredibles.
We had to wait over 10 years to get our sequel to the beloved movie, so why not extend the celebration with a fun, crime-stopping makeup look inspired by one of the most fearless and powerful female characters out there?
Don’t worry if you’re a makeup novice. This look, put together by Charisma Star, is both effective and exceptionally easy.
If you want to find out how to transform yourself into Elastigirl this Halloween, keep on reading.
- Start by creating a flawless canvas with foundation, concealer and setting powder. Use a blurring primer underneath to get that airbrushed look. Don’t worry about cakeyness, you are literally morphing yourself into an animated character!
We recommend: nspa Instant Blur Primer ($8.95)
- Sketch the outline of your mask with a black eyeliner pencil. You can pull up a reference image if you need help mastering the shape. Try to use an eyeliner that easily glides over the skin since you will be drawing across the bridge of the nose.
We recommend: L'Oreal Color Riche Le Kohl 101 Midnight Black ($5.95)
- Fill in the outline with black eyeliner and carry that through your waterline to make the illusion more realistic.
- Set your eyeliner in place with a black eyeshadow of choice. Try to stay within the lines to keep your mask edges looking sharp and realistic. Patting the shadow rather than sweeping it will maintain precision and set your liner better.
- Because the mask does tend to overpower the look, be sure to add some bold, dramatic false lashes to help your lashes stand out amongst the black.
We recommend: BYS Eyelashes 07 Alluring ($7.95)
- Optional: If you want to glam up the look, you add some silver glitter to your mask. Apply this in the same way you applied your black eyeshadow.
We recommend: wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Glitter Single Karma ($2.49)
- Skip the contour and add a generous amount of pink blush to the apples of the cheeks to get that animated look.
- Optional: Elastigirl’s lips are originally neutral in colour but Charisma decided to finish the look off with a fiery red pout. She topped off her lipstick with some red glitter.
We recommend: BYS Glitter Lipgloss 05 Sun ($6.95)
And that’s how you recreate Elastigirl’s iconic look! Now all you need is a super suit and a fierce attitude and you’re good to go.
Stay tuned for more Halloween How-To’s, and shop the full Halloween range here!
Check our Charisma Star’s Elastigirl makeup tutorial below.