HOW TO: PASTEL MAKEUP LOOK
Author: Danielle Cauchi Date Posted: 5 April 2017
Shaaanxo created a stunning pastel makeup look on her YouTube channel using Kat Von D’s Pastel Goth eye-shadow palette (Watch the original tutorial here).
When she posted these snaps on her Instagram, I was immediately inspired to show you guys how to recreate this look with our favourite products.
This look is perfect for getting festive this Easter. Skip the white liner for a more understated, softer gradient or leave it in for an edgy twist.
What you’ll need:
1. With a small tapered eye-shadow brush, take the yellow shade from the Revlon ColorStay Exotic palette and apply it to the inner corners of the eye and along the waterline where the tear duct sits.
2. Then, using a small eye-shadow brush, take the coral pink shade from the Revlon ColorStay Harmonious palette and apply the colour generously to the inner third and the centre of the lid. Use a small blending brush to blend the shade out. Leave the outer corner of the lid bare if you are going to apply the white liner.
3. Going back into the Exotic palette, use a crease defining or small blending brush to apply the purple shade to the outer crease. Blend generously and reapply as needed.
4. Take Clarins Ombre Minerale Eye Shadow in White Sparkle on a small blending brush and apply along the brow bone for definition and glow. If you decided on the white liner, also apply this shade to the outer corner of the lid that you left bare. This will help better the transition between the eye-shadows and the liner and also adds some glam.
5. (Optional) Take LA Girl’s Line Art Matte Eyeliner Pen in Pure White. Start by creating a line from the crease above the inner corner, getting thicker towards the outer corner and wing it out to where the blended purple shadow stops. The idea is to cut through the colour like a typical cut crease. Then, finish the wing by having the line meet with the edge of the outer corner. Fill in the wing until it looks natural and blends seamlessly with the white eye-shadow you applied earlier.
6. Take the L’Oreal Color Riche Eye Crayon in Delicate Beige and apply it along the waterline. Go back in to the coral shade of the Harmonious palette with an angled liner brush or small blending brush and blend the colour subtly along the lower lash line.
Be sure to complete the look with a matte pink rose lip colour like Revlon’s Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Devotion (600).