All your Clinique questions answered
Is Clinique cruelty-free?
Clinique unfortunately is not cruelty-free. Clinique does test on animals when required by law. Clinique also sells into mainland China, which requires by law testing on animals for imported cosmetics.
How often to use Clinique 3-step program
The Clinique 3-step Skin Care program is customisable to your skin type, revolutionising skin care routines worldwide. 3-Step Skin Care keeps it simple: 3 steps, 3 minutes, twice a day. With consistent twice-a-day use, you'll see skin that's clear, radiant, glowing.
Step 1 is to cleanse. Use a Clinique facial soap or anti-blemish cleansing bar for face and body.
Step 2 is to exfoliate. Use a Clinique Clarifying Lotion, a gentle exfoliator that sweeps away fading skin and reveals fresher layers.
Step 3 is to moisturise. Use the Clinique Dramatically different moisturiser to soften skin and leave your face glowing.
How to use Clinique face wash
Washing your face in the morning and at night is crucial to keeping your skin clean, healthy and happy. It can’t be overstated – washing your face is not a step in your skincare routine to skip. Ever!
Using Clinique face wash, you can ensure your face is treated to a luxurious wash that will free it of all the nasties that the day can bring.
To use Clinique face wash, follow these easy steps.
- Find your skin type: Before starting any skincare routine, you need to know your skin type. This may change according to the season or based on how your skin is feeling at the time. But make sure you know this first, as applying the right cleanser is just as important to your skin’s health.
- Find your cleanser: Matching a Clinique cleanser to your skin type is essential to see effective results. Here is what you should look for:
- Dry Skin: Long lasting hydration is crucial for treating dry skin. Look for a cleanser with Hyaluronic Acid, which will cleanse and comfort skin.
- Oily Skin: Excess sebum can make cleansing difficult, as the oil binds to makeup and dirt. You’ll want to find a cleanser that removes oil while also maintaining moisture levels.
- Normal/Combination Skin: Although normal or combination skin doesn’t require specific cleansers, you will be best served with a cream formula that lathers into a foam. This will keep your skin healthy and remove makeup and sunscreen, while also assisting any areas of concern, such as dry patches.
- Sensitive Skin: Find a cleanser that is sulphate-free and extra-gentle to avoid damaging your skin. Soothing ingredients, such as Caffeine and Algae Extract, as well as moisturising ingredients like Glycerin are key. You can also look for a cleanser with Salicylic Acid to gently remove oil without irritating your skin.
- Congested Skin: If your skin needs a deep clean after exposure to harsh pollutants, such as natural gas, smoke and exhaust, then look for a cleanser with Bamboo Charcoal. Find a cleanser also paired with Glycerin, which will stop your skin from over-drying with the charcoal.
- Apply: Washing your face is a very simple process once you have your cleanser. Lather the cleanser between your hands with warm water, massage gently over your face, leave for three minutes, rinse and then pat dry with a clean towel. Never tug on your skin!
Don’t forget, a cleanser is not a Makeup Remover. Always use a remover first before cleansing.
Is Clinique good for mature skin?
Clinique is very helpful in treating mature skin. Mature skin occurs through the natural aging process. Mature skin can become a bit rougher, slacker and sometimes more transparent.
There are a variety of reasons why skin can mature, such as sun damage, air pollution and genetics. But while mature skin represents a new phase in your skincare routine, it is not an end-of-the-road situation.
In fact, using skincare solutions such as Clinique Night Creams can maintain your skin’s hydration while also smoothing out fine lines.
Look for Clinique products that are fragrance-free and sulphate-free for the best possible treatment for mature skin.