Curly hair styles and curly hair products are trending right now, and Cosmetic Capital has a huge range of Hair Care items available online in Australia. Short curly hair styles can be used to accentuate different features of your face and salon professional brands like Marc Anthony have developed specialist curly products to assist! If you are looking for something special to repair your hair look no further than the Olaplex bond repairing range. Maybe you are after Skincare or Makeup, luckily we have thousands of beauty items from best-selling brands like NYX and L’Oreal available at the lowest prices online.
How to get curly hair
Not everyone wants dead straight hair and instead you might want to embrace your unique curls. But using a curling iron can be a chore, so we’ve hand-picked the best ways to naturally curl your hair!
- Twist and Press method
After finishing your shower, avoid the rough rubbing motion to dry your hair. This method can actually crush natural curls and encourage the dreaded frizz.
Instead, take your towel and then press and twist your hair to dry it. This method stops the vigorous rubbing that pushes the hair cuticles upwards, which creates frizz.
The twist and press method of drying hair will ensure your curls are naturally curlier!
- Comb instead of brush
Using a hairbrush can cause breakage and iron out the natural shape of your curls. Curly hair is also more brittle and dry, so a hairbrush may be too rough.
Instead, use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair while you condition in the shower. Leave it after that.
- Feather the ends of your hair at the salon
Your hair stylist would know this trick. Ask them to feather the ends of your hair with a razor or scissors. This will create a strong, natural curl.
This works in the same way as scraping the edge of a ribbon with a scissor – it always results in an immediate curl.
- Curl cremes are your best friend
Curl cremes are lighter than oils and serums, which is exactly what you need to reform your curls each time.
Use a curl crème on your mid-lengths to ends and the results will speak for themselves.
- Use a diffuser when blow drying
You always want to use a diffuser for evening out curl patterns. To give your curls some more defined shape, turn your hairdryer on the low setting and drop them into the diffuser.
- Ditch the anti-frizz products
Contrary to popular belief, anti-frizz products will weigh your hair down, which is not what you want if you’re looking to show off your curls.
Find a lightweight shampoo that will assist dry hair (as curly hair is often dry) but will assist defining your curls.
- Use mousse products
Mousse is the curl-lovers essential product. The malleable proteins strengthen your curls without causing stiffness.
- Go light on hairspray
Don’t make the mistake of using a strong-hold hairspray to lock your curls in place. Instead, go with a light-hold hairspray that won’t compromise on movement.
- Deep condition your hair twice a month
Your curls need nourishment to encourage a bounce to your locks. Treat your hair to an intensely hydrating conditioning treatment at least once, if not twice, a month.
Slather onto your shampooed hair and let the fatty acids and antioxidants work.
You can also deep condition on dry hair. Do your conditioning outside of the shower, twist and clip it up, put on a shower cap and then wait 20 minutes. Then jump in the shower and wash your body, allowing the steam from the shower to help the conditioner penetrate your hair strands. When you’re finished, wash your hair as normal.
- Salt sprays are helpful
Don’t shy away from using a salt spray. A light veil of salt spray onto damp or dry hair will refresh a two-day-old hairdo that is crying out for help.
Salt spray is far more effective than re-applying mousse, as this will likely just saturate your curls.
How to style curly hair
Styling your curls can be a fun exercise in creating new and exciting looks. After all, curls give you the ability to create a variety of different looks, from the bold to the subtle. Here are a few tips on styling your curls:
- Comb your hair from the bottom up with a wide-toothed comb. By combing upwards, you gently detangle each knot, rather than pushing all the knots to the bottom and then yanking your comb through, which can cause breakage.
- Get regular trims to avoid split ends. On average, this should be once every six to eight weeks.
- Try to use a few products together to create the perfect style. Examples include using smoothing serum and mousse, or coconut oil and styling gel. When used together, these products allow for a strong hold without leaving your hair dry or crunchy.
- Use a diffuser and curling iron or wand to create perk up your curls and give body to your hair.
- Use the pineapple technique before bed. This involves loosely gathering your hair at the highest point of the head before sleep. This protects the curl pattern and allows your hair to retain its natural volume, while preventing bedhead. You can use a scrunchie for this to avoid breakage and ponytail creasing.
What are the best curly hair products?
Finding the right product for your curly hair can be a difficult task. But once you find those secret elixirs, you will never want to lose them again!
Cake also offer a range of curly hair products that have fans worldwide gushing over their curls.
Where can you buy curly hair products in Australia?
Buying curly hair products in Australia has never been easier thanks to Cosmetic Capital! Shop curly hair products from the leading brands in curl care, including shampoo for curly hair, conditioner for curly hair and styling products for curly hair.
Even better, free shipping is available, and you can buy now, pay later with Afterpay and zipPay!