WHITE CUT CREASE MADE EASY WITH LA GIRL
Author: Danielle Cauchi Date Posted:9 March 2017
Regardless of what anybody says, liquid eyeliner is a fine art, as I’m sure most of you will agree.
LA Girl makes playful and intricate liquid liner looks a lot less stressful with their new LA Girl Line Art Matte Eyeliner Pen range.
These pens are long lasting, water resistant as well as quick drying and smudge proof, ensuring a clean application and making them significantly easy to work with. It’s soft and flexible with an ultra-fine tapered tip to make even the most precise of lines achievable.
This eyeliner is perfect for both thin and thick lines as well as for creating various designs. It’s also, in my opinion, an excellent hack for creating an easy yet precise and sharp cut crease makeup look.
For the purposes of this how-to, I would recommend LA Girl Line Art Matte Eyeliner Pen Pure White. Throughout the steps, I will be making recommendations to products that can be found on our website to make the process even more convenient for you.
How to pull off the perfect cut crease look
1. Start by priming your entire lid with an eye primer to ensure maximum colour pay off, minimal creasing and longer lasting shadows.
Recommendation: Clinique All About Shadow Primer For Eyes
2. Take a neutral brown coloured eye shadow on a tapered blending brush and apply that as a transition shade starting from the crease and blending that up towards the brow.
Recommendation: Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad Eye Shadow 621 Orion (The top left shade in the palette)
3. Then using a pencil brush, take a darker brown and apply that in the crease. Blend toward the brow accordingly and continue to reapply and blend the colour until you reach the desired intensity. Don’t worry if there’s any excess shadow on the lid. The next step will clean that up!
Recommendation: The darkest shade in the Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad Eye Shadow Palette 621 Orion from above
4. Then, taking your LA Girl Line Art Matte Eyeliner in Pure White, begin drawing a line just below the crease. Begin at the inner section of your crease and follow the natural arch. Then at the outer corner, slowly wing the liner out as you would when you wing out your eyeliner on the lash line.
5. Continue with your LA Girl liner and fill in the area below where you’ve drawn the line to complete the cut crease look.
6. Then with a flat eyeshadow brush, take a light cream shadow and highlight your brow bone.
Recommendation: The lightest shade in the Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad Eye Shadow Palette 621 Orion from above
From this point on, all you need to do is curl your lashes and apply mascara. It’s completely up to you whether or not you want to add some eyeliner, false lashes or even some glitter to your inner corners for extra drama. The choice is yours!
Cut crease makeup looks can be quite difficult but I believe the LA Girl Line Art Matte Eyeliner is an excellent way around achieving the same look at an easier level. These liners are multi-purpose, fantastic quality and I highly recommend them even to those starting out on their liquid liner journey.