Dry shampoo is the miracle hair spray we all need in our lives. A water-free option for cleaning our hair is every girls dream come true. Dry shampoo absorbs excess sebum and other oils from your roots, freshens up the rest of your hair and leaves it smelling fresher. It can also be used to help create volume and body, adding life back into lifeless hair. When it comes to hair care, Cosmetic Capital offers fantastic products from the bond building brand Olaplex to the world’s best blonde toning treatment by Fanola. Looking for Skincare or Makeup? Shop Maybelline or NYX Australia for all your makeup essentials.
What is dry shampoo
Dry shampoo is a chemical spray or powder that can used in your hair to help absorb oils and odours, whilst also refreshing your hair and scalp. Dry shampoos are often made with rice starch, which aids in the process of absorbing the excess grease. Dry shampoo will cleanse while also adding light texture and volume to your hair and will really help you get that extra day without washing if need be. Say goodbye to bad hair days!
How to use dry shampoo
Dry shampoo can be the miracle product you need in your life, right now … but only when used correctly. Here is a quick guide to get you started on the right foot.
- Use the right colour for your hair: Dry shampoo often comes in tinted formulas. Matching the right colour to your own shade is very important.
- Shake it up: this helps evenly distribute the product. Sometimes a bottle that hasn’t been used recently can have starchy elements settle at the bottom. Shaking ensures the formula is correctly dispersed.
- Time to spray, but keep some distance: Hold the spray 4 to 6 inches away from your head, and make sure to spray it directly into the roots. Make sure to use a sweeping motion through your hair, not all in one spot.
- Don’t use too much: Just focus on the greasiest parts of your hair and try not to use too much product! Overusing dry shampoo is the most common mistake, which can leave your hair dry or gritty.
- Massage into your hair: Let the dry shampoo soak in for a little while, and then when ready comb the rest gently with a hair brush.
Is dry shampoo bad for hair?
Dry shampoo when used in moderation is a great quick solution to keep your hair feeling fresh and clean. However, when used excessively it can be bad for your hair by clogging your follicles. This weakens your hair's strength, potentially leading to hair loss and skin issues like infections, dermatitis, and acne. To avoid this, try to ensure using dry shampoo only once or twice a week.
Where to buy dry shampoo
Cosmetic Capital offers thousands of amazing beauty products, including Dry Shampoo from leading brands like Batiste. Offering fast dispatch on all orders and free shipping for orders over $60, as well as free gifts on qualifying orders, it is no surprise that thousands of customers are now turning to Cosmetic Capital for all their beauty needs. Not sure yet? Read our thousands of 5-star Reviews and we know you will be convinced.