Halloween How-To: Rainbow Vomit Snapchat Filter
Author: Danielle Cauchi Date Posted: 1 October 2018
Is zombie makeup so last year in your eyes? Does Pennywise just not do it for you anymore?
If you’re looking for a non-scary approach this Halloween and want to have a go at a fun, more light-hearted costume idea, the rainbow vomit snapchat filter is a super cool (and super easy!) look for you to try out this year.
Not only is it current and totally on-trend but it’s also utterly unique and is bound to make you stand out at this year’s Halloween parties.
If you want to take the rainbow vomit snapchat filter from your phone to your face, just keep on reading.
For this tutorial, we are going to be using Rachel Levin’s (Rclbeauty101) video as a reference. Check out her video at the bottom of this tutorial.
1. First, use a bright pink cream blush on the apples of the cheeks and across the nose for a cute animated, doll-like effect.
We recommend: LA Girl Velvet Blush Contour Stick 591 Pinch Me - $8.95 (RRP $14.00)
2. Line your waterline with a white eyeliner pencil. Drag that underneath your lower lash line to open up the eyes. Then use a black eyeliner pencil to line the upper lash lash as well as along the bottom of the white liner you just applied.
We recommend: Maybelline Big Eyes Liner Double Ended White & Black - $2.95 (RRP $11.95)
3. Apply a strip of bold lashes to the upper lash line and some half lashes onto the black liner you applied underneath the white liner. This will further the illusion of enlarged, cartoon-like eyes.
We recommend: Revlon Accent Eyelashes A03 - $4.95 (RRP $9.99)
4. Using a small flat eyeshadow or concealer brush, apply cream colours in the following order - Red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, dark blue, purple. If you don’t have all the colours you need you can mix colours together on the back of your hand.
Start from below the lip and draw in squiggly lines down the chin and neck up to the neck-line of your shirt.
Rachel chose to carry this down onto the shirt she was wearing. If you choose to do this as well, just make sure you are wearing a shirt you don’t mind dirtying!
We recommend: BYS Special FX Colour Wheels
5. Bring those colours onto your bottom lip to match them up and bring the illusion to life even more.
6. Using white cream makeup and a thin pencil brush or a white liquid liner that you don’t mind dirtying, draw some sparkles and small dots along the sides of the rainbow you created. Add some on top as well to make it look more realistic, but remember, less is more!
We recommend: LA Girl Line Art Matte Eyeliner Pen Pure White - $12.95
Now you can live out your Snapchat fantasies in real life. No filters needed!
Check out the original video below