Acne is something that everyone suffers with at different stages, so finding the best acne spot treatment can often be a challenge. The good news is that there are lots of great acne solutions out there to help! Whether it’s finding a cleanser that cares for your skin, or a toner that helps your pores, we have lots of great skincare for you to consider. Cosmetic Capital also offers fantastic prices on all things beauty – from hair care with brands like Olaplex and Fanola to Makeup and even tanning from the famous Bondi Sands.
What causes acne
Acne is the result of hair follicles becoming stuck with oil and dead skin cells. This result leads to whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne most commonly appears on the face, forehead, chest, back and shoulders.
How to get rid of acne
Acne can be difficult to get rid of, and we would always recommend consulting your healthcare professional for advice. Here are some additional tips that may assist in the treatment of acne.
- Take a zinc supplement: It is well researched that people with acne tend to be low in zinc. Zinc is an essential nutrient that’s important for cell growth, hormone production, metabolism, and immune function.
- Use a honey and clay mask: Thursday Plantation’s Tea Tree & Manuka Honey Clay Mask 100g is a great acne solution. A unique triple action formula based on three active ingredients drawn from nature. 100% Pure Australian grown Tea Tree oil which draws out impurities to dry out pimples and blackheads. Natural Kaolin Clay, which absorbs and controls excess oils. New Zealand Sourced Manuka Honey, which minimises the appearance of acne scars
- Treat spots with Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree oil is famous for its antibacterial properties as well as reducing inflammation. Thursday Plantation offer an extensive range of affordable options that can assist.
- Apply Witch Hazel: extracted from the bark and leaves of the North American witch hazel shrub, It contains tannins, which have strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Toner 100ml is a good option.
- Exfoliate, and often: Exfoliation may improve acne by removing the skin cells that clog pores. It may also make acne treatments for the skin more effective by allowing them to penetrate deeper, once the topmost layer of skin is removed. Shop Scrubs or Glycolic Acid for all your exfoliation needs!
Tea tree oil for acne
Tea tree oil is made from the leaves of the Tea Tree in Australia. Renowned for its antiseptic qualities, studies have shown that tea tree oil has both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. This may help with treating inflammatory acne lesions, such as pimples. Essentially it can soothe and heal skin and therefore it is becoming a popular natural remedy in the treatment of acne. Thursday Plantation offer a wide range of tea tree remedies for acne.
Best skincare for acne
Perfecting a skincare routine that is right for you is so important, as everyone’s skin is very different. Finding skincare that will nurture and heal acne prone skin is necessary and must be approached carefully. Here are some of our recommendations to help you find the best skincare.
- Skin Doctors pH Balancing Cleanser 100ml: Effectively cleaning and nourishing the skin whilst maintaining the pH integrity of the skin, which primes it for maximum cosmeceutical results. This is the product you want to make your other products work better. Plus, it helps unclog pores and is renowned for fighting blemishes.
- Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Acne Control Kit: Providing a 3 Step System to clear skin
- Cleanse: Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne 150mL
- Target: Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne 25g
- Hydrate: Tea Tree Face Cream 65g
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum 30ml: The Glycolic Acid retexturizes your skin, while minimizing your pores. It also has aloe vera included to soothe the skin.
- Weleda Blemished Skin S.O.S Spot Treatment 10ml: Antibacterial willow extract fights impurities and starts work on angry blemishes and pimples, reducing redness and relieving pressure.
Best face wash for acne
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wash For Acne 150ml uses the antibacterial properties of tea tree oil to help wash away dirt and impurities, while also unclogging pores and soothing your skin. If you are looking for cleansers or scrubs there are many great brands like Nip + Fab and Skin Doctors that offer acne solutions.